- What type of community is Summer House at Walnut Village?
Summer House at Walnut Village in Orange County is an intimate memory care neighborhood serving people with Alzheimer’s Disease, dementia and those who need an extra level of care, but do not require skilled nursing care. We deliver our caring, quality services in a home-like setting with 14 spacious studio accommodations. A few amenities available in Summer House include a warmly designed activity and music center, technology center, living areas and a sensory garden.
- What types of social opportunities are available to Summer House residents?
Our assisted living memory care neighborhood offers a variety of social opportunities and activities tailored to the specific needs of each resident and scheduled throughout the day. Some examples of coordinated and supervised opportunities include intimate and interactive music-based events like singing and performances, crafts, reading, driving excursions, discussions on various topics, garden walks and gardening.
- Do Summer House residents have access to the entire Walnut Village campus?
Yes, Summer House residents are welcome to visit any common area on the greater Walnut Village campus as long as they are escorted by a staff or family member. Often family members will take Summer House residents to lunch at our delicious bistro, for walks around our garden areas, or to have their hair cut or styled at The Strand, our on-site salon.
- Can family members visit Summer House residents whenever desired? Can family members take residents out of Summer House whenever desired?
Yes, with staff notification family members can come and visit as well as take Summer House residents out to enjoy other places and activities. Being located in Orange County and near Los Angeles, there are many wonderful places to visit within a short drive.
- Does your staff check on Summer House residents on a regular basis?
Yes, residents are monitored 24 hours a day using the latest unobtrusive technologies. Staff also performs personal wellness checks on a frequent basis as required by law.
- Do you have a licensed nurse on staff?
Yes, all of our nurses are licensed.
- Has your staff been trained to work with memory care residents?
Yes, our staff undergoes initial and ongoing training to work with those with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.